Like to cook with a Crockpot? Love to keep things simple, healthy and satisfying? These enchiladas might just be for you!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 medium jalapenos seeded, deveined, finely chopped
- 1 lb raw ground chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups dry farro rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced fire roasted tomatoes (or diced tomatoes) no salt added
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10-oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- sea salt (or Himalayan salt) & ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded jack (or cheddar or Mexican blend) cheese
- 3 medium green onions chopped
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Add garlic and jalapenos; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until jalapenos are soft.
- Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place chicken mixture, farro, beans, corn, tomatoes, water, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, and coriander in a 3-quart slow cooker; mix well and cover. Cook on high for 3 hours, or until liquid has been absorbed, and farro is tender.
- Remove lid and stir mixture. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Add cheese; mix well. Cover until cheese has melted.
- Top with green onions and cilantro; serve.